- Is it a state law in Massachusetts?
- What is the stupidest law in Massachusetts?
- What’s illegal in Massachusetts?
- Is it illegal for a woman to be on top in Massachusetts?
- Who makes the law in Massachusetts?
- Is it illegal to spit on the sidewalk in Massachusetts?
- Is sleeping in your car illegal in Massachusetts?
- Is it illegal to eat and drive in Massachusetts?
- How are the general laws of Massachusetts codified?
- What are the gun laws in the state of Massachusetts?
- Where can I find list of Massachusetts laws?
- Are there any weird laws or regulations in Massachusetts?
Is it a state law in Massachusetts?
The Constitution of Massachusetts is the foremost source of state law. State agency regulations (sometimes called administrative law) are published in the Massachusetts Register and codified in the Code of Massachusetts Regulations.
What is the stupidest law in Massachusetts?
5 Strange driving laws in MA No gorillas are allowed in the back seat of a vehicle. The law does NOT require you stop for red lights unless they’re flashing. In Nahant, it’s illegal to excavate any city street. Taxi drivers are not allowed to make love in the front seat of their taxis while they’re on the clock.
What’s illegal in Massachusetts?
Weird laws in Massachusetts
- In Boston, duels can be carried out to death on Sunday as long as the governor is present.
- It is illegal to take a lion to the movies.
- At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches.
- No gorillas are allowed in the back seat of cars.
Is it illegal for a woman to be on top in Massachusetts?
A woman may not be on top during sexual activities. She might topple off and hurt herself.
Who makes the law in Massachusetts?
The General Court is responsible for enacting the state’s laws. A bill signed by the governor, or passed by two-thirds of both houses over his or her veto, becomes law. Its session laws are published in the Acts and Resolves of Massachusetts, which are codified as the General Laws of Massachusetts.
Is it illegal to spit on the sidewalk in Massachusetts?
Here is the text of the law: Whoever expectorates or spits upon any public sidewalk, or upon any place used exclusively or principally by pedestrians, or, except in receptacles provided for the purpose, in or upon any part of any city or town hall, any court house or court room, any public library or museum, any church …
Is sleeping in your car illegal in Massachusetts?
Yes, you can sleep in your car. There are no laws or regulations in Massachusetts prohibiting anyone from sleeping in their vehicle while parked at a rest area. The state expects drowsy drivers to use rest areas for sleeping.
Is it illegal to eat and drive in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts does not ban eating and driving, per se. Don’t be distracted while driving. Talking to passengers, adjusting a car stereo, or eating can all be dangerous.”
How are the general laws of Massachusetts codified?
General Laws are Session Laws or sections of Session Laws that are permanent in nature and of general application. General Laws are codified according to subject matter in a multi-volume publication entitled the General Laws of Massachusetts.
What are the gun laws in the state of Massachusetts?
Location of Massachusetts in the United States. Gun laws in Massachusetts regulate the sale, possession, and use of firearms and ammunition in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the United States.
Where can I find list of Massachusetts laws?
Welcome to the Massachusetts Law section of FindLaw’s State Law collection. This section contains user-friendly summaries of Massachusetts laws as well as citations or links to relevant sections of Massachusetts’s official online statutes. Please select a topic from the list below to get started.
Are there any weird laws or regulations in Massachusetts?
With a little help from Dumblaws.com, we’ve gathered together some of the most bizarre laws and regulations in Massachusetts. Most of these laws are still on the books, though they may not be enforced much these days. Check them out and make sure you’re living within the law.